Cost Analyst – Cost Accountant
Salary commensurate with experience
This position has the primary responsibility of analyzing and providing cost performance information to support the company’s financial statements on a regular basis. This will be accomplished by monitoring, reviewing, researching, and compiling financial data from multiple sources in order to perform subsequent analysis to produce and substantiate business reports. This data will be used to explain and support business decisions based on the financial situation of the company.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare financial analyses:
- Inventory Analysis
- Direct labor analysis.
- Overhead & departmental cost rates.
- Verification of source data for accuracy.
- Other analysis as required.
- Perform supporting monthly closing procedures:
- Analyze costs to identify budget variances.
- Accumulate cost information for labor, materials, and overhead by sales order from the ERP system for comparison to job budgets.
- Reconcile inventory book to physical variances
- Provide monthly gross margin by customer/project
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, specifically required are on-the-job experience with Pivot Tables and V-Lookup formulas. ERP system experience – Epicor Vantage a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Accounting Minimum of 5 years progressive cost analysis/cost accounting experience Minimum of 3 years manufacturing accounting experience with an understanding and appreciation of manufacturing operations
For immediate response please email your resume