Southeast (Excellent low cost area)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Health Dental, Vision insurance, Paid time off, etc.
- Relocation assistance
- 40-45 hr. work week
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Engineering Manager
- Utilize AutoCAD to develop 2D CAD drawings from architectural prints.
- Prints are used for submittal as well as shop fabrication and should convey graphically as well as annotatively how products are to be produced.
- Be able to meet project deadlines
- Clearly communicate project specifications, requirements, etc. both within the department as well as with project managers and fabrication.
- Take direction from senior members of engineering.
- Work closely with project managers and production to develop drawings that accurately reflect what was bid and how we manufacture products.
- Work with architects, designers, general contractors, etc. to provide required information. IE field dimensions/conditions, design intent, material specification etc.
- Prepare PDFs and documentation for submittals.
- Prepare production folders that include copies of drawings, hardware specifications, SK’s, etc.
- When required, be present and contribute to shop handoffs to provide production personnel with direction regarding details, design intent, field conditions, etc.
- Be available to shop personnel when they need clarification, SK’s, direction, etc.
- Learn and maintain our drafting style and standards. This includes file structure, procedure, and maintaining hard copies in print storage.
- Learn our standard construction methods.
- Understand and incorporate AWI standards.
- Develop an overall understanding of each job to incorporate global details.
- Be aware of submittal schedules and develop work methods to meet those dates.
- Work with other members of engineering in a team-based environment.
- Maintain organized personal job files.
- Create accurate and buildable drawings with the fabricator, installer, and client’s needs in mind.
- Work required hours to meet both internal and external project timelines.
- Collaborate with others to understand projects (this includes initiating meetings to review projects prior to commencing programming)
- Maintain clear lines of communication with project managers, the CNC department as well as production to ensure programs and parts are correct
- Be present and contribute to engineering meetings that include ways to improve efficiency and overall quality of prints.
- Learn to program in Cabinet Vision
- Learn to program CNC machines using Alphacam.
- Consistently develop accurate drawings, models and programs.
- Display the ability to work in a collaborative environment where the sharing of skills, ideas and techniques is fostered.
- Reduce cost through research of tooling, equipment, software, hardware, materials, etc.
- Show a high level of commitment by putting the time in to help make every project as successful as possible
- AutoCAD 2018 or newer
- Adobe Acrobat
For immediate response please email your resume to Larry@impact-tqr.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org