Salary: 100K+, benefits, relocation, etc.
This is technical work but doesn’t require an engineering degree.
Knowledge/ experience with AutoCAD needed. SketchUp experience a plus.
- Manage a group of 6. (They are making shop drawings from architectural drawings illustrating millwork product/installation details.)
- Step into, embrace, and work effectively an environment of change supported by company owner not held back by fear of failure.
- Able to move forward on concepts alone and develop team/deliverables in motion.
- A mindset driving collaborative work inside/outside of the engineering department, leading engineering to perform work typically outside “standard” engineering roles.
- Lead with team mentality focused on project, not department.
- Proactive approach and ownership leading engineers to produce quality work efficiently, resolving problems, and actively engaging/participating with entire project team (Estimating, Project Mgmt., Purchasing, Logistics, Accounting, and Install.)
- Able to assess current department function, recruit new people, and re-structure/re-staff department.
- Quickly pick up current operations and lead department as functioning while learning new company direction, and simultaneously develop plan to move the department forward.
- Additionally, ideal person will be in office a majority of the time.
Functions of the Engineering Department:
- Produce shop drawings for client approval.
- Produce purchasing, manufacturing and installation related drawings and material lists.
- Produce and illustrate solutions to design, manufacturing and installation issues.
- Conduct field condition surveys and perform some field measure and layout.
Key Results Expected From The Engineering Manager:
- Ensure your team’s outputs are HIGH QUALITY.
Run a robust Quality Control process that insures that the work produced is consistently high quality and error free.
- Ensure your team’s outputs are TIMELY on BUDGET.
Schedule people, set up teams, manage workflow and priorities so that the work is produced on or ahead of deadline and on budget.
- Further develop the engineering team and its capabilities through hiring great people and coaching them towards success and creating a team culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Participate in various operations and strategy meetings as a team member working towards the common goal of great company performance, not only as a representative of a department.
- Track and report on various department performance metrics.
- Set goals for future performance and plan for the actions and resources required to achieve those goals
For immediate response please email your resume to Larry@impact-tqr.com