Southwest (Not California)
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Provides accurate and thorough takeoff estimates. All work shall be done in a timely & efficient manner to meet the time constraints that are required to handle the bid schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Tracks projects leads via reports from Dodge, ISQFT, REED Insight, Invitations to Bid, Customer Inquiries, and other Sales Leads that may be a direct result from Sales and Marketing networking with Architects/Contractors/Project Owners/Customers.
- Once a new project is identified, will gather up bid documents i.e. plans, specs, details and addenda as needed.
- Makes an initial assessment of the project and identifies problem areas that need additional information and/or clarification.
- Participates in vetting new subcontractors when appropriate.
- Obtain pricing from subcontractors & vendors for project bidding process.
- Creates takeoff using company supplied software and change pricing accordingly.
- Communicates and coordinates with project management, sales & marketing as necessary to assure accurate and timely estimates.
- Works with Contract Administrator to facilitate any bid bond requests or sub-contractor qualifications.
- Utilizes established materials pricing and coordinates with sales, project manager, installers to assure a successful & profitable project outcome.
- Prepares the appropriate bid form/scope letter for the project, including the correct, final base bid price, alternate prices, inclusions, exclusions, hardware/material information and other qualifications that may be necessitated by the project.
- Tracks & documents project for plan ASI’s for added scope.
- Once a purchase order or subcontract agreement has been received, check for the correct price and make sure all inclusions, exclusions, alternates and specific bid/construction documents are stated and recorded properly.
- Solicits feedback from Project Management, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing during and after project completion to improve estimation process.
- Participates in initial review with Project Management for scope of work and proper adherence to project specifications.
- Reviews and replies to all change orders requests and approvals per revised scope of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Construction Management or relevant field or two years of experience estimating, reviewing, and submitting projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For immediate response please email your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org