65-75K, benefits, relocation, etc.
The Estimator is responsible for profitably estimating job opportunities for millwork projects of varying size and complexity. Estimates are derived from the bidder’s ability to accurately predict the amount of fabrication, finishing, and installation hours, in addition to the cost of raw materials for every unique project. A successful estimator must have an expansive hands-on knowledge of various fabrication and installation processes to meet the minimum requirements of this position. The Estimator will review bid invites and other opportunities as they arise to determine whether the company will accept or decline the invitation. Estimators primary responsibility is compile project estimates and ensure the company commitments in regards to the bid schedule is accomplished. Effectively communicating and promptly following-up with the external clients is an essential function required to be successful in this position.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Estimate number of fabrication, finish, and install hours required to complete the project, along with assessing cost and availability of raw goods.
- Develop and maintain a daily bid schedule, and adhere to customer’s deadlines
- Assess bid opportunities to determine feasibility of providing proposals on promising prospects.
- Complete takeoffs of architectural bid drawings the compile pricing estimate and a project scope of work using tools and software available.
- Research and source specified materials and obtain price quotes from vendors, suppliers, or subcontractors
- Participate in both internal/external meetings to actively collaborate with coordination of project requirements
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and team members via phone, email, fax or in person on a daily basis. Expeditious follow-up skills are paramount.
- Assist Project Management team with Change Order pricing and submittal.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly company meetings
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Excellent use of the following skill sets: verbal/written communication, time management, planning, executing, decision-making, technical, business acumen, and a managerial aptitude.
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary to ensure successful achievement of the requirements for this position
For immediate response please email your resume