DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The principle duties of the Finish Department Supervisor include, but are not limited to the following:
· Lead the finishing department
· Understand the daily and weekly schedules to allow for these departments to work on the right items in the right order and meet the delivery schedules and to keep the team productive
· Maintain an organized product flow, allowing for complete packages to transfer from department to department, including organizing hardware and shipments
· Maintain adequate inventories of shop supplies such as: sand paper, adhesives, lubricants, knife steel and other needed supplies
· Take ownership in achieving quality product on time and on budget
· Be part of the team that develops and maintain shop standards, actively engage engineers, project management, plant management, shop leads and ownership in the standards process. This is a collaborative process
· Quality assurance – to meet project quality objectives this is a collaborative process that includes, ownership, estimating, project management, and production
· Encourage and enforce good housekeeping practices
· Enforcement of company Policy & Procedures
· Provide direction and support to team
· Support other departments as needed
· Address employee disciplinary issues as needed, with the support of the production manager
· Maintain an attitude towards continuous improvement, never settling for “Good Enough”
· Report to work on time.
· To ensure that all jobs assigned by the Plant Manager are completed in a quality manner and according to customer specifications.
· To ensure compliance with safety regulations and guidelines on assigned projects.
· Ensure all crew time is accurately reported daily
· To maintain a productive working relationship with the entire production staff
· To ensure proper reporting of job quality
· Review plans and specifications for assigned jobs with the Plant Manager.
· Communicate assignments to assigned staff, including estimated completion times.
· Communicate material needs to the Plant Manager.
· Take precautionary measures to ensure maximum security of tools, material and supplies
· Communicate delays or inadequate order information to the Plant Manager.
· Communicate requests for work outside the existing specifications to the Plant Manager, for execution of change orders.
· Ensure proper clean up daily and proper disposal of unused material.
· Perform all other duties in the best interest of the company or as directed by the Plant Manager.