Finish Room Supervisor
Company offers a great benefit package including a health and dental plan, life insurance, 401K Plan, paid holidays and vacation.
The Wood Finishing Supervisor will be in charge of finishing custom-designed pieces including but not limited to planning, sanding, staining, varnishing, waxing and/or painting; a successful creative individual who can work independently, has excellent eye-hand coordination and possesses a strong attention to detail. He/she should also have the interpersonal and listening skills necessary for working with clients, vendors, and employees.
Regular supervision of two or more employees. This position has the authority and responsibility to hire, fire, promote and assign employees, monitoring and adjusting workflow to assure timely completion of customer orders.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages production schedules assuring timely completion of product to meet customer requirements.
- Displays a sense of urgency towards completing assigned tasks
- Observes safety & OSHA rules and PPE requirements.
- Oversees and insures quality of finished product.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of respirator, sprayer and other equipment.
- Supervises the Finish Room inventory to meet appropriate levels.
- Develops and maintains Finish Room specifications and procedures.
- Assures the work area and aisles around them are kept clean and free of debris.
- Oversees the training of team members to meet established standards.
- Follows procedures in company handbook and other documents.
- Works within a team concept and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude in approaching job assignments.
- Communicates effectively to internal customers, verbally and in writing.
- Maintains professional image to customer and other employees.
- Assists in developing timely solutions to problems.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment.
- Assures the quality of product produced is acceptable.
- Administers respirator fit testing on employees.
- Other duties that may be assigned on an as-required basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dependable and displays a strong work ethic.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills
- Must be familiar with MSD and Global Harmonization System (GHS)
- Knowledge and experience with lacquers, urethanes, color matching, stains, spray equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Organizational skills that involve coordination of millwork in and out of production
- Works well with fabricators and assist with quality standards for work requiring mi
- Has knowledge of top coat suppliers and products they supply
- Knowledge of the arts of color matching and repair of finishes
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and specifications.
- Ability to execute quality millwork finishes when under pressure
- Must be able to work to high quality level.
- Ability to work productively and independently.
- Must be familiar with department standards.
- Ability to memorize and recognize parts by number and finish.
- Ability to do simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to cross-train and rotate positions effectively.
- Good manual dexterity and hand eye coordination.
- Ability to operate machinery and use tools safely and productively.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have a high school degree or equivalent with 5-years work experience in woodworking. Demonstrated leadership ability. Have computer skills and is willing to learn as needed. Must have ability to manage multiple priorities and provide systems to keep information in a usable format.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Must be able to use and demonstrate usage of a wide variety of Wood Division equipment.
Paint sprayer, respirator, and other finishing equipment.
For immediate response please email your resume
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com