South East U.S.
Salary will be commensurate with experience (Excellent company, location and salary)
*Relocation assistance provided*
Plans, schedules and directs the work efforts of the Finishing Department in an effort to meet/and or exceed stated quality, delivery, safety, and cost goals. Also ensures that departments operate and manage to established plant/company policies and procedures. This person also directs, guides, and coaches the team leaders who are responsible for these areas.
- Directs and coordinates overall activity within the finishing department.
- Participates in cross-functional and… View Full Description problem-solving teams and projects on behalf of the finishing department.
- Oversee daily department activities in order to meet plant goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. (SQDC)
- Plan and coordinate the assignment of hourly team members to meet production demands.
- Coordinate communication between the department and other levels of the plant to include engineering, maintenance and materials and other production departments.
- Ensure the maintenance of all production equipment and support equipment.
- Motivate and develop the team to reach/exceed agreed upon objectives. Perform periodic reviews of their overall performance and progress toward meeting their objectives.
- Utilize all resources (people, equipment, materials and the facility) to their maximum potential to give the company its greatest return on its investment.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping, for all team members.
- Support efforts by the company team members to strive for continuous improvement.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
Directly supervise and manage the daily activities of 15-10 hourly employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the finishing team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, and Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant work experience in finishing and finishing supervision will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in wood finishing in an industrial setting;
- Successful track record of project management and team experience a plus;
- Good personal computer skills in a networked environment a plus, Microsoft products preferred; and
- Management style and focus must be consistent with and support a people focused, continuous improvement environment.
For immediate response please email your resume