General Manager (Architectural Millwork)
– Massachusetts – located just 30 miles outside of Boston!
– Starting base salary: $130k – $180k depending on experience and match for the position.
– Full benefits package: Company pays 90% of health insurance (family plan included) !!! 401K, dental, long term short term disability, life insurance, profit sharing and bonuses, and relocation assistance!
This is an extraordinary opportunity with one of our best clients nationwide. They maintain an excellent work environment, maintain very low employee turnover, and truly value their people. They are a highly successful, consistently growing company that has been delivering the highest quality architectural millwork for over 25 years. If you are an Engineering Manager that possesses the following skills, do not hesitate to apply.
The General Manager is a leader, providing clear direction and motivation to a team of less than 100 employees. The General Manager will drive profits of the operation, and oversee all daily operations. This includes sales, production, customer relationships, continuous improvement, quality assurance, building and equipment maintenance, engineering, materials, and safety.
A successful General Manager plans, directs, monitors and or coordinates through department managers and supervisors overall operation activities. This role will lead managers and staff to deliver and exceed performance metrics to achieve optimum day-to-day operations and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Drive profits through revenue development and effectively managing operations while positively impacting cost
- Increase production, capacity and flexibility while maintaining current quality standards.
- Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Provide leadership and direction for the plant’s activities in alignment with strategic initiatives.
- Ensure all departments perform within budgeted operating standards.
- Resolve variances (production reporting, material waste and usage, customer deadlines, material and staff utilization).
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets. Provide necessary reporting to board of directors.
- Stay current with industry best practices and concepts.
- Confer with customers and industry association to evaluate, promote improved and expanded services.
- Plan and direct customer relations activities and development.
- Along with Quality Assurance, manage customer complaint resolution; manage vendor issues; ensure product meets customer specifications and expectations.
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives for the company, including the annual budget, financial forecasts and operating plans.
- Responsible for all owner-approved capital expenditure projects to ensure completion on schedule and within established budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, AWI, regulatory (OSHA, GAAP etc.), and company policies.
- Perform production area walkthroughs, investigate problem areas, determine cause, and mitigate issues.
- Oversee plant to ensure adherence to cleanliness and operational standards.
- Preserve good relationship with team and recruit, manage, and development of the employees to ensure all positions are ably staffed and future management is developed.
- Motivate and learn from direct reports.
- Maintain an effective communication program to keep personnel informed.
- Conduct performance reviews and recommend salary changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Support and participate in special projects as assigned.
- 5-10 years manufacturing experience, including managerial experience.
- Exceptional leadership, communications and team building skills
- Knowledge of process, equipment and regulatory compliance
- Strong P&L and budgeting experience, economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Good writing, mathematics, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in spreadsheet and word applications.
- Proficient in relevant industry software applications
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint
- Knowledge of strategic planning process and execution.