Title: Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: 60-65K+ benefits, relocation assistance, etc.
Position provides engineering support for the manufacture of interiors.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions)
- Provide manufacturing support for plant operations in multiple facilities.
- In conjunction with Product Engineering and supervision, research, develop, and implement new manufacturing processes, materials, and or methods.
- Implement process improvements using lean manufacturing tools.
- Perform root cause analysis and conduct time studies.
- Knowledge and experience with plant rearrangement, machine moves, cellular manufacturing, balancing work flow, safe work practices, and SOPs.
- Conduct job hazard analysis. Eliminate hazards and train employees concerning hazards.
- Manage project implementations and continuous improvements for processes and facilities.
- Identify and develop product quality and cost savings improvements.
- Contact, select, and work with vendors concerning machine purchases and repairs, machine installations, and product quality issues.
- Prepare plant layouts using AutoCAD.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with the manufacture of wood and metal based cabinets and furniture.
- Previous hands-on manufacturing experience performing plant improvements.
- Candidate should be proficient using AutoCAD 2D or similar program.
- Understanding of product bill of materials and routings in an ERP software system (Sage 500 ERP preferred).
- Experience with new product development.
- Strong knowledge of wood and metal based products, materials, and processes.
- Knowledge of quick serve restaurant décor elements preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
For immediate response please email your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org