Product Development Engineer
Salary will be commensurate with experience
50-65K+ (Only + if very strong)
Position provides engineering support for products, processes, and manufacturing of quick-serve restaurant interiors and furniture with specific responsibility for the development of new products, product details, and work order distribution.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions)
- Develops 3D models of existing, legacy, and new products.
- Create and update engineering specifications for products and components.
- Solve engineering design problems using analytical and conceptual skills.
- Creates 2D part drawings and detail sheets for use in production.
- Understand basic project management concepts, risk assessment/management, product costing, manufacturing cells, and other deliverables necessary to produce products and components to specification.
- Manages versions of products based on product changes in Autodesk Vault.
- Creates and distributes Engineering Change Notices.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining bills of materials and routings in Sage ERP 500 (Sage Mas 500).
- Reviews design drawings as necessary.
- Conducts investigations into new processes, materials, and machines and implements as required.
- Print required details and work orders for production.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Work closely with Costing, Design, and Manufacturing to design, implement, and improve new and existing products.
- Candidate MUST be proficient using AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software.
- Knowledge and understanding of Vault workspace.
- In-depth experience developing and entering product bill of materials and routings in an ERP software system (Sage 500 ERP preferred).
- Experience with new product development.
- Strong knowledge of wood and metal based products, materials, and processes.
- Knowledge of quick serve restaurant décor elements preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering or similar engineering discipline.
For immediate response and more detail please email your resume