Salary: 60-75+10%, Benefits (90/10), 401K, Vacation, Relocation assistance
Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: Southwest U.S.
Responsible for safety, quality and continuous improvement for the cabinet manufacturing processes. Included in this is the overseeing, designing and controlling the production-manufacturing business operations. The primary role is to ensure we safely manufacture the company’s products, plant and processes align with corporate business goals and objectives:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES in the following:
- Responsible for managing the production activities and achieving production targets in safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, cost control, and staff development. Directs teams in effectively managing each respective department. Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or company policy and procedures.
- Conducts SWOT analysis for the purpose of identifying production operations’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, then targets key areas for improvements.
- Right-size capacity with an emphasis on maximizing efficiency and profitability, through analyzing forecasts of demand, then translating into capacity requirements, and putting processes in place to ensure our customer’s and business needs are achieved.
- Improve production manufacturing processes for the purpose of improving overall quality, reducing lead-times and lowering overall costs of operations by using Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Kaizen, Six Sigma and Total Quality Management applications where necessary.
- Develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) models for success measurement and create graphic illustrations for the shop floor environment that clearly communicates up-to-the-minute production status to our production employees.
- Improve operator training processes using tested and measured Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Develop new procedures where none exist and ensure all employees operate to developed standards on a consistent basis.
- Incorporates best Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and other production activity control techniques to reduce excess inventory, overtime, labor and other waste streams.
- Improves equipment and tooling maintenance processes for ROI and life-cycle enhancements.
- Will be required participate and possibly lead Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) events to drive new ideas to create effective consensus decision making.
- Provides sound leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction for personnel development, morale improvement, and staff organization.
- Works closely with H.R. to develop retention plans geared towards reducing turnover and creating high employee satisfaction ratings.
- Develops and communicates effective and efficient production targets and priorities to manufacturing and administrative support teams.
- Manages employee selection, training, performance evaluations, documentations, salary and termination processes. Maintains a positive, proactive labor environment.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment through ensuring compliance of OSHA and other Government safety rules and regulations, conducting internal safety meetings and develops safety awareness programs, along with periodic safety training.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive, high performance work teams
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve difficult problems in a timely manner
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and 5S experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of business measurement systems / KPI’s
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Batch or high output experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of strong manufacturing experience
- Managed medium-to-large production operations
- Experience in training, budgeting, time management and human relations skills required.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ERP Systems.
For immediate response please email your resume