Position Title: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Location: Southeast U.S.
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience
Reporting to: PLANT MANAGER
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of the manufacturing line including but not limited to, achieving production goals and quality, adherence to company policies, enforcement and maintaining of all Health and Safety regulatory requirement and employee relations, including training, coaching and discipline.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of production and employees.
- Responsible for scheduling all Operators and Laborers to ensure that the maximum linear footage of product is produced in the smoothest and most efficient manner.
- Inventory and ordering of necessary supplies and materials for production.
- Provide the tools, equipment and resources to ensure that Operators and Laborers are able to work safely and in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Maintenance department, communicates maintenance issues in a timely manner and shares ideas about potential improvements to the line to enhance production.
- Working closely with the Quality Department, identifies and communicates defects and tolerance issues, seeking immediate remedies to ensure only quality product goes to the customers.
- Ensures that new employees are trained thoroughly on the equipment and proper health and safety procedures.
- Plans and executes a cross training strategy to ensure that trained employees are in position to ensure that the production line continues through absences.
- Responsible for the communication of the strategic direction of the company.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 + years experience working in a leadership role in a “Truss Manufacturing Environment.”
- Significant understanding and practical experience in business and management principles
- Familiarity with lumber industry standard equipment and technical expertise is an asset.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity and inventory processes
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong team building, consensus building, decision-making and people management skills.
For immediate response please email your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org