Salary will be commensurate with experience
Basic Function/Job Overview:
This position is responsible for project planning and management and for achievement of profitability expectations for assigned client construction and installation contracts. For each assigned contract, this position serves as the single point of contact for the customer. This position is also responsible for discussing and approving design concepts and requirements with Sales, Manufacturing, clients, and operations departments such as Shipping and Purchasing, including travel to job sites as appropriate. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of millwork and casework construction and production principles, techniques and materials. Also strong interpersonal, problem solving skills and excellent organizational and self-management skills are required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Discuss design concepts and requirements with clients and architects and recommend design and material alternatives, and approve all documentation submitted to clients and Manufacturing.
- Manage contract documents, including submission of change orders, requests for information and other related documents, and preparation/submission of invoices.
- Approve, and/or submit for modification, machine and product engineering drawings, layouts, sketches and diagrams.
- Plan for, and order, resources and materials needed for contract completion, including materials receipt and storage.
- Monitor project status and product output during Manufacturing and Installation for compliance with specifications, cost and materials budgets, and quality, safety and aesthetics standards, including regular client contacts to monitor satisfaction.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Requirements:
This position requires the ability to multi-task and tolerate changes in priorities. The ability to use hands to operate office equipment, such as a computer and a telephone is also required. The ability to think creatively, read, see, talk, and hear are necessary. The ability to research, evaluate and recommend alternatives is required. The ability to stand, sit, stoop and move from location to location is required. The person in this position may be required to sit at a computer terminal for long periods. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with CAD, engineering and Microsoft Office Suite software
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Cabinet Vision Solid software and other CAD design software
- Strong knowledge of Cabinetry products, services and manufacturing operations
- Strong understanding of drafting and engineering principles, standards, and terminology
- Ability to read and develop blueprint-type drawings
- Knowledge of layout, shop drawing and construction drawing principles for custom commercial millwork and casework
- Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to work effectively, despite numerous interruptions and changing priorities
- Strong project planning, problem solving, decision-making and business reasoning skills, combined with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge and accuracy with mathematical concepts and calculations
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and good knowledge of woodworking manufacturing quality improvement processes
- Knowledge of Job Management & Planning software
- Understanding of basic cost accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience with commercial millwork and casework design, construction and installation in a project management role
- Experience using Lean manufacturing principles in an environment of continuous improvement
For immediate response please email your resume
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com