Salary: Commensurate with experience
Client is currently seeking candidates to join their team and support their company as a Purchasing Specialist. The Purchasing Specialist is accountable for ensuring timely material receipts in order to meet production demands and budget for company architectural and millwork projects. This position is accountable in ensuring that required orders are placed with, and confirmed by suppliers, procures goods and services which meet the requirements of terms, conditions, quality, and schedule, while controlling price through negotiation.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
These responsibilities are in no particular order of importance.
- Actively engages with production, project management, and other Company staff to provide a high level of responsiveness and communication of purchasing activity.
- Efficiently and accurately completes take-off activities including reviewing measurements, determining quantities and costs of materials associated with the project.
- Utilizes a methodical, project-managed process to ensure specifications and requirements are sufficiently defined, potential providers are identified, request for proposal are submitted and responses are evaluated to award business.
- Ensures timing of material receipt coincides with the productions schedule, and takes into account schedule changes; anticipates production demand and supplier capability in order to ensure supply; verifies incoming materials meet Company needs.
- Manages suppliers and supply-base for improvement and to achieve performance requirements, best possible pricing, terms and conditions; assists suppliers with corrective action process involving other individuals as necessary.
- Coordinates the daily operations of the purchasing function including entry of item codes in ERP; executes on purchasing order based upon purchasing authority levels.
- Under the leadership of the General Manager, negotiates purchase contracts and discounts with suppliers to improve company margin; explores source of materials existing with current or potential new vendor relationships; develops and executes on evaluation system for vendor selection.
- Exhibits high degree of knowledge about commodities, suppliers and market conditions to support achievement of performance targets and source selection; conducts research to understand supply markets
- Serves as Forest Service Certification Administrator; oversees and completes paperwork to ensure Company maintains its designation as FSC contractor.
- Leads allocation and economic optimization of inventory levels in support of the Company operations.
- Stay abreast of current trends and development in procurement, commodities, and manufacturing within the marketplace.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular management and staff meetings; meets with direct reports to maintain a high level of understanding and cooperation within each department.
- Collaborate on and participate in the development and implementation of company-wide projects and initiatives as assigned by General Manager.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
They seek out the best skills, the best attitudes — and expect the best results from our employees. In return, we will not only offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, but the training, development and support to make our employees a success in whatever they do for us.
For immediate response please email your resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org